Preventing Infection after Cesarean Delivery – Medium Spicy
Did you know the most common postoperative complications of cesarean delivery are infection and endometritis?
Specialists in the field of obstetrics collaborated on a two part series published in the clinical magazine OBG Management in November and December 2016. The specialists reviewed seven of the major interventions for infection prevention.
- Antibiotic prophylaxis
- Skin preparation including hair removal and skin cleansing
- Preoperative antiseptic bathing
- Preoperative vaginal cleansing (1A)
- Placenta extraction by traction on the umbilical cord (1A)
- Closure of the deep subcutaneous layer of the abdomen (1A)
- Closure of the skin (1A)